Monday, August 29, 2005

Okay, I'm back

Sorry, had to run to the bathroom for a minute...er, two weeks. Anyhoo, the beautiful Hanae and I have made it to lovely Fargo for an intermitent stop to see the family. And oh, how exciting a place it is! Check out these photos of Hanae catching some big-ass fish at the lake!

Yeah Baby! Check that out! It's her first big fish EVER! That's pure Minnesota NORTHERN PIKE!! You don't catch these beauties anywhere but the U.S. of fukken A!


And her next beauty was this amazing bass. She was a natural out there on the sparkling waters of Round Lake! Of course, there can be only one captain, and that is me. Check out my likeness to Popeye here...


Uh huh. Rugged...stylish...you all wish you could be like this, but it just isn't to be. Is it? Well, enough gloating. I can only take so much of it. Anyway, we had a few lovely days at the lakes, and then it was off to explore the area. And what better way to do it than by taking Hanae (making her go) to the Barnesville Potato Days festival? There we were able to sample some of the finest lefse Minnesota has to offer. Aside from that, Hanae got to ride her first pony...well, aside from the one she usually rides...anyway, here she is.


And that's all the news for now. Today we're going tubing down the Ottertail River with a large cooler full of beer, and hopefully some weed to go with it - speaking of which, Hanae had her first ever taste of the sweet leaf a couple days ago when my friend Dave came to town. Ahh, heaven...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back to the continent! ive been home for a couple weeks and basking in the glory of english speaking people who dont stare at me and a culture i understand. looks like you guys are having a good time in the greater dakota...i keeping planning on writing an email to everyone from my former and now very distant life...but if you want to start it off me email is mangointhemist@yahoo.ca ...because who knows when i actually get motivated.

29 August, 2005 22:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

29 August, 2005 22:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

29 August, 2005 22:52  
Blogger car said...

so what is the point...you like fish...get political..get involved and support Bush and his program in Iraq!

29 August, 2005 22:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Donkey,

I hate you so very, very much. Who do you think you are, living it up back home while the rest of suffer in this pit?

Heh! I'm jealous bro. I'll be home soon enough.

Later

-The Tsar

30 August, 2005 08:21  
Blogger spookydonkey said...

I wonder who this "car" fellow is. I took a moment to check out his bullshit site, but couldn't get past all the boring bullshit that he has on there about living in North Carolina before throwing up in disgust. Oh well. Better luck next time, loser.

01 September, 2005 01:43  
Blogger car said...

spookydonkey
I thought about what you said about interesting things on my blog and thought that maybe it is a little too stream of thought..so I have a new thing where I list places to go in Asheville and filthy hippie places to avoid , so the blog creates more of a service to good tourists to the area. I will update the locations every week or so as I find them. Thanks for your thoughts even though you are obviously a whiner and afraid to defend what you profess to believe!

01 September, 2005 15:30  
Blogger Sandy said...

OH MY GOD... I TOTALLY agree with Tsar about you living in up while the rest of us have to stay in this place... seriously, after a year of been there done that, I find myself very unmotivated to actually get up and go to the beach with the newbies (not that they actually invited me anyways...) Well enjoy your time back home! (BTW, are you planning on meeting Daniela and Gary while at home? They are back home in Minneapolis for their wedding~)

02 September, 2005 01:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home