Sunday, August 14, 2005

Here's something I'll miss...

After I leave Japan (2 days and counting), I'm definitely going to miss the mainstream media coverage of (should-be) defunct metal bands, like the following. Old metal bands never really die. They just go to Japan, and stay popular until someone tells the locals that they aren't cool anymore. Then they fade away. Anyway, check out this picture for just one of many examples of bands that should've given up years ago...
The first person to correctly identify and name this legendary German metal band gets a prize...who knows, it may even be a wind chime or a knit donkey handbag like the one Satsuki got for her going away present from the Kanoya BOE (see my entry from last week on going away presents)!! Come on you METAL HEADS!! Let's see if you're worth your salt!

4 Comments:

Blogger spookydonkey said...

C'mon people! I'll give you a hint...one of their albums is named London Leatherboys, and their biggest hit was called "Balls to the Wall!" Also, as of this writing, they are on tour in Europe!! Go check 'em out!

Spooky D

17 August, 2005 23:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accept?

-The Tsar

19 August, 2005 00:11  
Blogger spookydonkey said...

YOU WIN!!! Dude, I didn't know you were a METAL fan! What gives? All these years, and I thought it was Billy Ray Cyrus that you loved. Hmmm. Guess I'll have to re-evaluate our friendship now...

22 August, 2005 18:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I aint. I googled it. But don't tell my achy breaky heart. I just dont theink he'd understand.



The Tsar


P.S. Thailand rocked, you coulda been a contender if you had been there. Phuket was DA BOMB! You could been second string there. Heh! Peace

23 August, 2005 12:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home