Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Oh dear god!


Wow! I don't know what to say... Today I attended a dance event put on by my lovely ladies at the girls highschool. We walked about a mile through the stifling heat to the city cultural hall for what I assumed was going to be an entertaining round of Janet Jackson-esque hip hop dance routines made up by the girls. Each class was supposed to prepare a couple different routines for the show. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the short and curlies being flashed by my 17 year old lovelies. Little did I realize what I was in for. Unfortunately, I didn't have my digital camera along - just my cell phone. But I guess these pics will have to do. It wouldn't matter anyway, because I really would've needed a video camera for you to get the point of what was going on.

First, as I said before, I assumed it was going to be a bit a flashy short skirted fun, which was why I agreed to bear the smoldering heat of the day and go to the show. I was, however, sadly mistaken. The show turned out to be one of the most strange and surreal events of the year for me. All of the groups turned out to be actually doing something more like performance art than pop-style dancing. When I say performance art, I mean that in the worst sense of the word. They were hopping around on the stage like little bunnies with one leg caught in a trap. Deranged bunnies! They looked a bit like German mumenshantz artists, except they forgot their big bags at home. There is absolutely no way to correctly describe the madness at hand. Suffice it to say that I hope I can regain my sanity after watching this sad display. Ahh, but only one day to go, my friends...just one more day!

In the mean time, check out this link for one of the funniest bits of Engrish around!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaahhhh Donkey, thanks for that website. I pulled thisone off of the bigdaikon. For once, someone got it right and sent in a FUNNY link. Go hither and enjoy:

http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/05062803.html


-The Tsar

20 July, 2005 01:16  
Blogger spookydonkey said...

Thanks Tsar!! That was a hearty laugh! Enjoy Viet Nam you lousy motherfucker! I'll be waiting for your urgent return to America when you get back to Japan and realize (once again) that you can't eat good fattening Western food here, and that you can't speak English here, and that your job don't mean shit to no one here, and that I'm really drunk right now...

Spooky D.

20 July, 2005 09:55  
Blogger spookydonkey said...

Thanks! I tried to read yours, but my French is about as good as my German...uh, see my last post for a sample of my German.

Spooky D.

20 July, 2005 11:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home