Wednesday, July 20, 2005

...and I'm out

And so ends an era...Today was my last day in the Joshiko. I gave a fine performance in my goodbye speech, bringing a tear to every eye when I said, and I quote "Guten morgen. Blas mir einen en ist sheissengaaten." My German isn't really up to par, but the students told me they wanted my speech to be in German, so I conjured up the only German that I know, which roughly translates to "Good morning. This shithole can blow me!" Luckily, the students and teachers knowledge of German is about as good as their English, so nobody caught on. I then launched into a riotously funny speech in Japanese...trust me. It was great. I had the crowd eating from the palm of my hand. Then Pregnant Sensei spoke, and bored them to tears with her crying and talk about how she'll never forget their kindness, blah blah blah. She was there for all of three months.

Anyway, after school, I went out with some real characters...my old homies from Daiichi Kanoya JHS. They were having a party at one of the teachers' houses, and I got to hang with some teachers I haven't seen in a year, so that was nice. I got to hear scandal after scandal, since I'm not in the school, and they trust me with stuff they wouldn't tell their own spouses. And speaking of spouses, apparently Moriyama sensei dumped her husband of years (my frequent karaoke taxi man), and found a new boyfriend in the same month her divorce came through. Also, lots of trash talking of the students - the horrible, horrible students. One teacher had his wallet stolen from the teachers' room today. But whose fault is it when you leave your freakin' wallet on your desk for all to see?

Oh well. It's all good. My boy, Steve is off to Viet Nam today for a sex-week...er, I mean SIX-week vacation on the beach. Good luck, buddy! Drink a couple for me! As for yours truly, I'll be sunning on the beaches of Japan henceforth and forthwith for the next three weeks or so. I've got 2 1/2 weeks of vacation time burning a hole in my swimming trunks, and nothing but boring office days to account for, so I'll be oot and aboot in Kanoya for the duration of my tenure in Japan. Move over jellyfish! There's a jellier fish comin' in!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The end of en era . . .truly so . . .god beamed Scotty up, he's dead Jim, and now the Donkey is done. Too much change, guess Ill have to ponder it over a rum-based concoction in 'Nam ;) I seen a little combat on . . .TeeeeeeeVeeeeee . . .


The Tsar

21 July, 2005 01:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home