Friday, August 12, 2005

Jelly Fish!!

Jesus Christ! I went to Iso Beach with my girl yesterday for a bit of swimming and getting away from the furnace that is Kagoshima in the summer. Little did we know that the place would be teeming with frickin' jellyfish!! The whole beach was covered with the monsters! One look in the water was enough to dissuade anyone without a wet suit from swimming.
You couldn't set a foot in without it being covered in the goo of the slimy gelatinous floating orbs. I've never been so disgusted at a beach. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera, but here are a couple examples of the kinds we saw there. Sure, they look all nice and fluffy, and you just want to reach out and pat them on their little jelly heads, but beware my friend...these are aggressive little bastards that will kill you as soon as look at you. However, the kids in the water (yes, they were actually going in) were making great sport of scooping them up and chucking them up onto the beach.

It seems that if you turn them upside down, and then grab 'em from the top side, they can't sting you. Hanae and I each had a go at a couple of them. But your hands tend to get stickier than that time when you went full bore fingering the prom queen in the back of your friend Shane's car, so you soon tire of it. Anyway, you can't even imagine the way the beach looked. It was like something out of a 50s horror movie, after the aliens had all been killed...except they haven't all been killed. Have they? No. There are still millions of these savages lurking in Kinko Bay, just waiting for their chance to get their hooks into you. But they ain't gonna get me, cause I am outta here in three more days, baby!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with you and Jelly-fish? You just hate them don't you? All creatures great and small, the lord god made them all *sniff*


-the Tsar

19 August, 2005 00:12  
Blogger spookydonkey said...

Dude, jelly fish are just pure evil. They're worse than cock-roaches. They get into your cupboards, and climb into the fruitloops, and then you're pickin' jelly fish out of your cereal for days! And don't even get me started on how they ruined my lawn last year. FUCK! Now I'm all worked up again...

24 August, 2005 23:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home