Sunday, December 04, 2005

Songs that make you pee your pants

You know how when you listen to certain songs, you get goosebumps all over, and when they're finished, you just have to smoke a cigarette even though you don't even smoke? I was just listening to Jimi Hendrix the other day, and on the Band of Gypsies album, there's a tune called "Machine Gun" that makes me fucking weep!! The guitar solo is so goddam hot, I find that I can't stop touching myself in the Danger Zones.

Frank Zappa can also get me in the mood, especially with some of his tunes off of Joe's garage, or Best Band you never heard in your life. Jesus, that guy could play! A personal favorite of mine is "Zombie Woof." The time changes in that song will blow you away...and to hear them do it live is something that has to be heard (and probably actually seen) to be believed.

Another couple of songs that do almost the same thing to me are Steely Dan's "Kid Charlemagne" and "Josie." The songs are so good, and the chord progressions (in Josie in particular) are absolutely fantastic. Not to mention the solos in both of them. Actually, I could probably name a bunch more of their songs that do that to me..."Dr. Wu" also comes to mind.

When I was younger, entire albums could do it to me...such as the critical Metallica album, Master of Puppets. The first time I heard the album, my brother was playing it in his bedroom, and I just went fucking nuts. I think that album changed my destiny, because I knew at that moment that my future involved me being a rock god, and look at me now! For chrissakes, it's all come true for me, just because I listened to that one album!

So let's here from you. I want to know some interesting songs or albums that make you cream in your pants. And nothing by the Petshop Boys, or I'll crush you like a bug (Tsar, you know I'm talking to YOU)! I'll allow Culture Club though. Come on all you people who normally just lurk here. I want some genuine answerers to this, because I want to listen to some new music, goddammit! And honestly, I don't really care what genre of music it is, or whether I know you or not, I just want to hear your opinions, so let 'em rip!

3 Comments:

Blogger spookydonkey said...

And I think I'm just gonna add right now, the Allman Brothers' "Whipping Post." That song gives me chills!

04 December, 2005 03:58  
Blogger Lori said...

Well, we usually don't see eye to eye on this sort of thing, but I really like "Nights of the Living Dead" by Tilly and the Wall.

11 August, 2008 15:18  
Blogger BITTER OLD BITCH said...

Totally agree with you about Zappa's "Joe's Garage". CLASSIC!

03 May, 2009 20:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home